Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back in the saddle

So, it's been a long time. In the first six months of last year, I lost 52 pounds. I managed to keep it off for a while. Then in October, Kacy, Emma, and I went to visit Kacy's family in South Carolina. There's lots of good food out there, let me tell you. I had gotten really tired of feeling hungry all the time, so when I was confronted with that, I gave in and never really recovered.

Over the last year, I have gained back just about all the weight I lost. Today I weighed in at 244. (Last January, I weighed 260. I got down to 208.) After feeling like a failure for the last year (and experiencing the same over-abundance of food when we went to visit Kacy's family last week), I finally decided it's time to try it again. Please keep me in your prayers. I know that I don't have the strength to do this on my own.

1 comment:

  1. I remember you. Long time. Saw your music profile on another person's page. The weight thing is easy if you know what to eat and have a lot of will power. The trick is low carb/high protein. Balance everything you eat that is a carb with a protien. You need to watch the glycemic index of foods. For ea: eat sweet potatoes with cinnamon instead of a regular potato with butter and sour cream. Eat a burrito with pinto beans instead of refried beans. Order chicken and red meat when you can. Example: apple with peanut butter, banana with peanut butter, sandwich with grilled chicken. Eating out is the problem I have, but I have found that as long as I do the high protein and watch my sugars- no coke, limited sweets, no fried stuff (like we love in the south) I do fine. I lost over 16 pounds doing this. It works. Exercise and eating balanced meals keeps you from being hungry and keeps you slim. Just a few things I've learned from the past year of being pre-diabetic and having to make a lifestyle change. Anna Bove' Cheung

    ReplyDelete